At 62 and 1/2 years old, I have done terrible, dirty work, been exposed to nasty chemicals of all kinds, lived hard, played harder, and am ridiculously healthy. There is lots of cancer in my Jewish family, but I have none. Now I will double down on the premises that have gotten me this far, and share them with you:
- Water – you are better off drinking tap water than filtered water in most places. Filtered water has no minerals in it, and minerals are essential to your health. The best water comes out of the ground, and has minerals in the right combinations in it. Pills are not the same. Everywhere where people routinely live to be over 100 years old, there is very good water.
- Eat meat, not grain – you are not a horse, you only have one stomach. If you look at healthy animals, they eat meat, mostly. If you look at fat, lumbering, slow, heavy animals, they eat grain. Eat meat and vegetables, very little sugar, not too much fruit (mostly sugar), no white flower, only sea salt (contains minerals in right amounts).
- If it had a mother, or grew in the ground, you can eat it -don’t eat processed foods, they are expensive, and are not food. They contain too many bad ingredients (sugar, salt, preservatives, even polymers). These unnatural foods mess up the balance of bio-agents in your stomach, so that even when you eat good food, you do not get nutrition. Soda drinks and Alcohol absolutely destroy your stomach chemistry.
- Do not be an addict. I have gotten away with smoking for half my life, but I am very sure that if I had done so the other half, I would already be dead. Don’t smoke cigarettes; don’t smoke anything daily, period. Don’t drink coffee every day in excess, a little black coffee is fine, but not as a habit, burns out your adrenal glands. Don’t use any drug that you can live without, period. Myself, I will finally be not-addicted to any of these this year; but even moderation will extend your life, enhance your health. The less addicted you are, the happier you will be.
- Exercise – most people do it wrong. You do not want to beat yourself to death, give yourself pain, or wear yourself out. However, even if you have a physical job, a regular, aerobic exercise routine puts you in control of your bodily functions, and maintains a proper metabolism, elimination and immune systems, and burns calories, reducing stress. I do a combination of Pilates, yoga, lots of leisure walking, and a Kung Fu Kata. I do not push myself, just two or three times per week unless I feel like more, just 20-40 minutes. The key is consistency, at least 2 or 3 times per week will make you stronger, faster, more agile. Whole body exercises are best.
- Do not attach yourself to money or possessions – you can have money, be ambitious, do whatever you love, but do not be attached – instead be yourself, at all costs, and let everything else be secondary. If you be yourself, who you are made to be, you will be happy and healthy, no matter what you have, make, or lose. If you own possessions or wealth, own it, do not let it own you. Ask yourself: if you die, who will own it then?
- Be in love, and of love. If you love people, a business, an activity, God, or even nature, you are making love flow through you. Love gives power, heals all woulds, re-empowers you beyond imagination. Love is the goal. Agape love is love of it all, even the people, even the hardships, the entire journey is a blessing that you can never deserve.
- Be humble. Humility IS youth. The young are humble, the old are proud. The humble are free and unencumbered, while the self important are rigid, defensive, and owned. These things really are your choices, if you choose to make choices. Choose life. Never stop learning and growing and challenging yourself to be a better version of you.
- Think good thoughts. If you constantly think about negative and stressful things, you age, even become ill. If you constantly fill your mind with good prayers and beliefs and outcomes, you manifest those outcomes, you become the embodiment of what you decide to think about.
- Know who you are and your place in the world. You are not God, and you are not an animal. You have a mind, a body, and a spirit. All of them live in the same space. Anything that affects one, affects, and infects, the whole. If you neglect and deny your soul, your goodness, then the ugliness will show in your body. If you pompously ignore the knowledge of the ages thinking that you have a better idea, you are not humble and not enlightened; instead you are self important, self absorbed, rapidly dying, and headed for a fall.
When mind, body, and soul are clean, humble, and in sync, health happens as a natural result.
Will worry add a single day to your life?
22 Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23 For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 24 Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! 25 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? 26 Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?
27 “Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 28 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith! 29 And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. 30 For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. 31 But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.
Original article is here